Opera New York
Opera New York presents
Opera Intensive & Performance Showcase
Sunday, July 22 - Saturday, July 28
What To Expect:
• This intensive is an unique combination of Training Program & Audition Opportunity for Opera New York (which is expanding its company & performance schedule), & for Fredricks Artists' Management
(www.fredricksartistsmanagement.com) a new Opera & Concert Management. This is ideal in that we will get the time to know you as an artist, see you in performance, & become familiar with the full scope of your talent (which is usually impossible to discover in a normal audition situation.) Conversely, if you are not yet performance ready....we can help you develop your skills & add the polish you will ultimately need throughout your future career.
•Your Audition for this Program will be with the submission of a video or mp3, singing an aria or 2, in either &/or French & Italian. If accepted into this program, you will be notified months in advance of our start date, & we will be able to discuss & have assigned, scenes that are right for you, & the stage of your career, at the present. You will have plenty of time to learn any mutually agreed upon materials.
• At the Intensive, you will Prepare Your Arias Musically, Vocally, & Dramatically with our outstanding faculty of professional teachers & professional performers, who will bring you the full scope of what is required in performance to everything you do.
• You will also have a great opportunity to Work On & Perform Other Operatic Scenes, Opposite Your Colleagues. (Duets, Trios, Quartets, etc.) They will also be staged & performed in our Showcase Performance the last evening of this Intensive.
• You will have the opportunity to Work On Audition Repertoire (suitable for your voice & experience level) that you have prepared or would like to prepare in a Vocal Technique Class with Reknowned Voice Teacher Judith Fredricks (Founder & Artistic Director of Opera New York.)
• There will be an Acting for Singers Class focusing on how to deeply & honestly convey to your audience the depth, passion, & emotion of your song.
• The Audition Master Class * with the Artistic Director from Manhattan School of Music Graduate Opera Program, will teach you how to make your auditions highly competitive.
• There will be a “Business of the Business” Class where we will make certain that all your material is complete, formatted correctly & professionally, & will also have a Q & A for career questions, addressing as many personal questions as possible.
Application: Age: 18 & Up. (No limit) Students, Emerging Professionals, or Professional Singers who want to brush up are welcome to apply.
• Send application via email to firstname.lastname@example.org & provide Name, Date of Birth, Email Address, Phone Number, Recent Resume & Headshot, Vocal Type, & at least One Professional Reference or Name of School &/or Voice Teacher.
• Include with it a link to a Recent Video Clip or Mp3 which will serve as your audition.
Application/Audition Fee:$25 made payable by Credit Card or Bank Account through PayPal (associated email email@example.com.) Other payment options can be arranged, if necessary.
Space is Limited, so apply early if possible.
Acceptance: After your Audition Video or MP3 is received and reviewed, you will be notified by phone or online within a couple of days if accepted into the Opera Intensive.
• If accepted you will be sent a Registration Form to Fill Out and Return with your Non-refundable Deposit of at least 50%, after any Early Bird deductions.
• Fee for Opera Intensive & Performance Showcase: $900. Discounts for Early Registration.
• Opera New York is a Not-for-Profit Corporation, so all Fees are Completely Tax Deductible.
• %50 Deposit Due for Initial Enrollment.
• Early Bird Deadline:February 15 - March 16th. Has a $100.00 deduction from fee.
• Regular Deadline: March 17 - April 14th. Regular $900.
• Final Deadline: April 15 - May 1st. Additional $50 to Fee, if there is still space.
• Balance Due:June 1st for All Registration Dates.
Class Times & Location: Midtown Theatre District. "150 Studios" at 150 West 46th Street, New York, NY 10019. 10 AM to 6 PM Daily, with one possible evening rehearsal.
• Final day will be preparation and rehearsal for the Showcase Performance. Family and friends may attend. Time and Location, TBA. 8pm on July 28th.
Video Recording Optional: If you are interested in having Video Shot of your Audition Class Rehearsal and your Final Performance, it will be made available to you for an additional nominal fee. We would need to know the first day, if you are interested, so our videographer can focus on your work. *
Photographs Optional: If you are interested in having Professional Operatic Head Shots taken before or after the Intensive, we have a Professional NYC/LA Photographer that we work with who will give you a Special Intensive Price. *
Artistic Director, Judith Fredricks Managing Director, Carol Alexander
Opera New York
205 West End Ave. Suite 23H
New York, New York 10023
* subject to change *